Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane deflected questions about the proposed breakaway European Super League, insisting it was a matter for president Florentino Perez.
Madrid were among 12 clubs to announce their involvement in the controversial new competition on Sunday.
Los Blancos have been European champions a record 13 times, but this tournament would rival the Champions League.
The anti-competitive nature of the format, which would mean the 12 'founding clubs' could not be demoted, has been widely criticised, yet Zidane would not give his opinion.
Speaking ahead of Wednesday's game against Cadiz, the coach said: "That's a matter of one person, of the president.
"I'm here to talk about the game, not to talk about other things. The rest is not my job."
UEFA could yet attempt to expel Madrid, along with fellow semi-finalists Chelsea and Manchester City, from this season's Champions League.
The idea of banning Super League players from international football has also been mooted.
But Zidane, who refused to give an opinion again when asked if he had spoken to Perez, insists his squad are not distracted by the matter.
"We don't talk about it in the locker room," he said. "We have a game to get right."
While there is uncertainty around how the remainder of this season might play out, as well as Madrid's involvement in competitions going forward, Zidane is determined his players will keep pushing to win LaLiga.
A goalless draw against Getafe at the weekend saw the champions lose ground in the title race, slipping three points behind leaders Atletico Madrid.
Having held Liverpool in Europe in their previous match, Los Blancos could have three consecutive 0-0 draws for the first time since March 2006.
And Cadiz beat Madrid 1-0 in the reverse fixture earlier this season. They are the only LaLiga opponents Zidane has never defeated and could become the first promoted side to achieve a league double against Madrid since Real Burgos in 1990-91.
But Zidane is not ready to concede the title, adding: "We've been here eight months and [people say] it's all over. I was on the street, the players were worthless...
"And that's never the case. The important thing is that there is life. We're competing, which is what we like, and we're going to compete until the last day.
"Whatever happens, we're going to compete until the last day. I don't know if we're going to win, but we're going to put all the strength in it."
Zidane confirmed Madrid would again be without record signing Eden Hazard, who has not featured since March 13 due to a calf injury.
The €100million winger has played just 646 minutes across 14 games in all competitions this season, scoring with three of his 14 shots and creating six chances and a single assist.