Lionel Messi reportedly wants to negotiate his exit from Barcelona, who have other plans.
Messi, 33, has sensationally requested to leave Barca, the club where he has spent his entire professional career.
Talk around the record six-time Ballon d'Or winner continues.
TOP STORY – MESSI WANTS TO NEGOTIATE BARCELONA EXIT
Messi wants to negotiate his exit from Barcelona, according to widespread reports in Spain.
Mundo Deportivo claims Barca insist Messi is not for sale, while adding the Argentina international wants a meeting with president Josep Maria Bartomeu.
Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain have been most strongly linked with moves for Messi.
L'Equipe reports PSG sporting director Leonardo called Messi's father, Jorge, but added City appear to be frontrunners.
It also says Juventus tried a discreet approach for Messi.
- Staying at Barcelona and the Catalan giants are looking to strengthen. Sport reports they are interested in Lazio star Ciro Immobile, who equalled Gonzalo Higuain's Serie A record with 36 goals in a single season in 2019-20.
- At Real Madrid, James Rodriguez is widely expected to make an exit. The Sun reports Everton have agreed personal terms with James on a £4million-per-year deal.
- Inter could be close to an addition ahead of their 2020-21 season. Fabrizio Romano says the Nerazzurri are close to sealing a deal for Roma left-back Aleksandar Kolarov for around €2m.
- After Ben Chilwell joined Chelsea, Leicester City may have found their replacement at left-back. The Sun reports they have lined up a move for Monaco defender Fode Ballo-Toure.
- Emiliano Martinez took his chance when given his opportunity as Arsenal's number one, but it could give the Premier League side a chance to cash in. The Athletic states Arsenal are prepared to sell the goalkeeper during this transfer window.